7/29/2018 4:20:16 PM (GMT+3)

Frustrated Mourinho blames Liverpool defeat on trasfer window

Frustrated Mourinho blames Liverpool defeat on trasfer window

Los Angeles, USA: Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho is terribly after his team’s 4-1 defeat against Liverpool and blamed the club’s transfer window inactivity in the latest stop of their pre-season US tour.

On Saturday, United were torn apart by Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool at Ann Arbor, Michigan, in the Red Devils' penultimate game before facing Real Madrid in Miami on Tuesday.

They face a further friendly against Bayern Munich in Munich on August 5.

“I would like to have two more players," Mourinho said. "I think I am not going to have two. I think that it's possible I'm going to have one. I gave a list to my club of five names a few months ago and I wait to see if it's possible to have one of these players. If it's possible, it's possible.”

Mourinho said he expected to bring in only one new player before the season kicks off despite submitting a list of five transfer targets to club bosses earlier this year.

United's failure to bolster their resources and the absence of several key first team players following the World Cup has forced Mourinho to field several untested youngsters here.

“If it's not possible, it's not possible. If it's possible, it's good. If not then we keep fighting and working and believing in the players that we have,” said the Portuguese.

Tags: